My photo
I'm a 21-year-old journalism student. I spent last semester living in Florence, Italy. These are my adventures.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Photo of the Day

29 Jan. 2012  View from Santa Maria in Aracoeli, Rome    
This weekend flew by way too quickly. I already want to be back. While others went into the Roman Forum, I decided to climb one last flight of stairs. Once again, it was worth it. I only had a few minutes to enjoy the view before rushing back to the hotel to catch our bus then train back to Firenze. It was a tiring but wonderful weekend.






 28 Jan. 2012  Scalinata della Trinità dei Monti, Rome (The Spanish Steps)  
Amy and I were champs on Saturday. We were on our feet seeing the city from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. That's nine hours of walking. The only break we gave our feet was when we waited for our food, which we ate while walking (like true Americans). We ended our city-wide tour at the bottom of these steps. I asked Amy if she wanted to climb. She hesitated, but we decided that since our feet had already gone numb well before then, we might as well do it right. Suffice to say, it was worth it.






27 Jan. 2012  The Colosseum, Rome
This was our first day in Rome. I didn't have huge expectations when I came to the city. Not that I didn't think it would be incredible; I was just prepared for a cliche tourist experience. Boy did I underestimate this place. It was unbelievable. The first thing we saw was the Colosseum. I stood on the top level completely awestruck and continued to mutter "We're in the Colosseum" as Amy and I walked around. I probably looked crazy — nothing new there.

No comments:

Post a Comment